Zoom Player 2.9 (last freeware version with DVD support)
Zoom Player is a robust Media and DVD Front-End Player.
Zoom Player was designed to be simple at first glance while being remarkably dynamic and flexible when used to its full potential.
Specific DVD features include:
- DVD Front-End navigation using any DirectShow compatible combination of DVD Decoder filters.
- Automatic and Manual DVD Graph Construction with many pre-built profiles for easy selection and registration of filters.
- DVD Overlay Color control including an easy to use on-screen interface (For cards that support it, tested on Radeon series).
- IRE-0 overlay setting (Tested on Radeon series).
- Smart DVD bookmark system.
- Auto loading of selected bookmarks on Play to bypass previously seen DVD menus.
- Auto saving last disc's position for automatic resume at later times.
- Auto saving of disc definition file which includes a per-disc setting for later use (Aspect Ratio Video Position, Overlay Colors).
- Ability to assign DVD-Insert notification to Zoom Player or any other program.
- Multiple play speeds including manual specification.
- DVD Path definition for use with hard disk playback (with supporting filters).
- Preferred DVD Menu Language selection.
- Preferred DVD Audio Track selection by Language, Number of Channels and Audio Format (AC3/DTS/ETC...).
- Preferred DVD Subtitle selection.
- Replaceable background image for Stop Mode.
- Temporarily disable Auto-Play to prevent programs such as PC-Friendly popping up.
- DVD Trailers interface allowing you to play trailers prior to starting the movie.
- Automatic Aspect Ratio, Video and Blanking Position depending on the DVD type (Fullscreen, 16:9 Letterbox and 16:9 Anamorphic).
Specific Media features include:
- Extensive play list support.
- Per-File Chaptering system.
- File definition system allowing you to save pertinent information about played file which can be recalled the next time the file is opened.
- Easy access to popular audio/video interfaces such as DivX/MPEG4 dialogs, DirectVobSub language selection, TFM Audio Filter 10 band Audio Equalizer, etc...
- Fast forward support for all Media files (as long as your CPU can keep up).
- Manual Graph construction on a Per-Extension basis.
- Manual DirectShow filtering system allowing you to force specific filter into the DirectShow FilterGraph.
- Folder Images for Audio Files so you can have the Album image appear while listening to the music.
- Enhanced Play Back control allowing you to control what actions are taken when playback ends.
- MP3 ID3 information visualization. Customizable, including screen position, display order, smart display (only show entered information).
- Support for advanced file formats (such as OGG/OGM) including Chaptering, Subtitles and multiple audio and video tracks.
- Rewind support in all media formats.
- Auto-Play Media CDs on insert.
- Hardware Filtered Image Slideshow capability.
System wide features include:
- Works with most windows operating systems, including NT4.
- Light-Weight and doesn't take over your system.
- Fully dynamically skinned (includes two minimalistic skins for less screen clatter).
- Dynamic range of Aspect Ratio settings including non square pixels relative adjustment, manual Fit-To-Rectangle Aspect Ratio, Anamorphic Aspect Ratio and even a Custom user-specified ratio.
- Easy control of Video Size and Positioning to reduce image overscan when used in conjunction with a TV-Output device.
- 10 Manual presets for use with Video Positioning (can also be used with multi-monitor setup for advanced positioning).
- 10 Manual presets for use with Aspect Rations
- 10 Manual presets for use with Overlay Color Controls
- Fully keyboard mapped feature-set covering every function used by the player (useful for Remote devices).
- Programmable keyboard interface which can include chaining of multiple functions to one key.
- Advanced mouse controls with per-button function allocation including a wide array of wheel supported features (useful for remote mouse controls).
- Dynamic Control Bar for easy navigation while in full screen mode, complete with selectable on-bar features.
- 3-Mode time skipping programmable navigation speeds for quickly seeking forward/backward within the time-line.
- Duel Context Menus with extensive support for both DVD and Media modes.
- Extensive command line support.
- Blanking support to cover up non-black area of encoded Video (useful for widescreen DVDs or badly encoded media files).
- Configurable On-Screen-Display.
- OSD Navigation systems for Files, Blanking, Bookmarks, Chapters and Play Lists (in addition to the editor interfaces).
- Smart hiding of the Windows Task Bar.
- LCD Communication API supported by popular LCD display drivers.
- Girder Control File export for maximum control through a remote device.
- Interface for controlling aspects of the PowerDVD and WinDVD DVD filters.
- Customizable Context Menu interface.
- DirectShow filter registration service.
- Scene Cut interface allowing you to dynamically change playback chronology without altering the actual files.
- An Interface to easily seek into any position using either HH:MM:SS:MS interface, or by entering a specific frame number.
- Ability to override Audio Output to any supported sound device.
OS: Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP
Download Zoom Player 2.9 (682 kB)